Personal Chef Training System Guarantee
The Culinary Business Academy is so confident in our professional training materials and quality instruction, that we are willing to guarantee your success. This is an industry exclusive, unmatched by any other training organization. Serious training is meant to produce serious and successful results. The Culinary Business Academy is serious about your success. The performance guarantee applies to individuals electing the Personal Chef Undergraduate Course, Personal Chef Business Dynamics Program or Personal Chef Ultimate Program.
This guarantee is meant to remove any doubts you may have concerning the viability of this career choice. Provided you are serious about making this new business work and you are willing to put forth the required effort, the Culinary Business Academy will insure your success by offering a refund of your training tuition in the event you do not meet minimum expectation levels set forth.
To participate and qualify for this exclusive guarantee program, each individual must adhere to the following list of requirements. This guarantee option will not be allowed if all requirements are not satisfied.
Overview of guarantee
- The Culinary Business Academy will return your training tuition (see Refund Calculation) in the event you are unable to achieve a minimum level of success.
Minimum level of success definition
- The Culinary Business Academy will provide education on business set-up, marketing, administrative requirements for operation of a home-based business, customer interviewing and interaction, bookkeeping and record maintenance and associated business development techniques and requirements. Equipped with this knowledge and by conforming to the above common sense business development measures and requirements, the Culinary Business Academy guarantees that you will have provided a Personal Chef Service for at least one client on at least two occasions within the first 12 months following your formal training. This would be seen as a repeat client. If through our training, support and networking you are able to provide service to one repeat client, there is no reason why you would be unable to provide this same service to multiple repeat clients.
- You must actively pursue and work on the development of your Personal Chef Service business for 12 continuous months following the completion of your formal Undergraduate course or Ultimate Program. During this 12 month period you must be involved in the creation, marketing and growth efforts of your Personal Chef Service at least 48 of the 52 weeks.
- You must have attended a national food service conference that occurs within the first 12 months following your training.
Rationale: During the early stages (first 1-2 years) of your new business, you will require a greater amount of support, guidance, networking and education. There is no better, highly focused opportunity than a national conference which provides excellent continuing education workshops, face-to-face networking and support. This interaction is critical in the development stages of a Personal Chef Service business, and cannot be ignored by anyone who is serious about making their new business a success.
- You must belong to a local chapter of a national food service association, provided one exists within 100 miles of your location.
Rationale: While you own and operate your own independent business operation, you cannot afford to be isolated from the industry and other active members. The networking benefits afforded by face-to-face interaction with other working professionals in the industry is invaluable, especially in the first few years of operation. Exposure and interaction with other successful working professional chefs will only strengthen your own business and provide excellent resources to you.
You must have applied for and received your business license or appropriate business documentation issued by your local municipality within 90 days of your training class.
Rationale: You are required to possess this document prior to starting your business. Not obtaining a valid business license within 90 days of the training program would indicate that you are not able or in a position to truly launch your new Personal Chef Service business.
You must have obtained business liability insurance to cover your business activities prior to obtaining your first client.
Rational:Liability insurance protection is critical to protect you and your family, as well as show your clients that you take your business and their safety, seriously. Contact your local insurance agent for information on liability insurance policies.
- You must have successfully completed the testing series associated with your training course.
Rationale: You are required to complete the testing in order to your Culinary Business Academy diploma. Completing the tests indicates that you are ready to efficiently launch your service and accept business. Quick Start students must complete their on-line testing within 90 days of completing the formal training program. Undergraduate Course students will complete testing in class. Should a test be failed during the Undergraduate Course, measures will be taken to either provide a retest in person, or allow for the test to be taken on-line. In this situation, the Undergraduate Course student would need to complete on-line testing within 30 days of the class concluding.
- You must have created and activated a business web site describing your service within 90 days of your class date. In addition, you must have a business Facebook (or similar social networking site) page, as well as an active Twitter account (or equivalent).
Rationale: In the current business environment, electronic exposure and access is virtually mandatory. Few new business operations will achieve success without multiple exposure avenues.
You must obtain a nationally recognized food handlers license (ServSafe, etc), issued within 90 days of training program completion.
Rationale:You are presenting yourself as a professional and an expert in the culinary field. Safety is of utmost concern and by holding a valid food handlers license, you convey to your client that you are serious about safety and have demonstrated safe food handling knowledge based on national standards.
- You must contact your lead instructor within 6 months following your class to voice a concern if you are experiencing difficulties and have not yet met a minimum level of success.
Rationale: If you are encountering difficulties, you must make every attempt to reach out to qualified individuals who can provide you with actionable elements so that your difficulties can be overcome. Each and every individual will be contacted by the Culinary Business Academy 5-6 months following their class. If you are having difficulties and have not yet been in contact with your lead instructor, you will need to begin that dialogue.
- You must contact the Culinary Business Academy headquarters 9 months following your class date if you have completed all the above requirements, but have still not reached a minimum level of success.
Rationale: If you have dedicated yourself, resources and efforts towards the creation of a new Personal Chef Service, but cannot reach a minimum level of success, the Culinary Business Academy needs to become directly involved to examine the situation and provide guidance. Alerting the Culinary Business Academy at the 9 month period would signal that your business is non-existent and that without direct and immediate assistance, you may be requesting to invoke the tuition guarantee. This notification allows a window of opportunity to assist and take corrective actions. You must continue to make efforts and progress for a full 12 months. At the 9 month period you will be required to provide your business plan, your business license, evidence of liability insurance, a copy of your marketing materials and a summary of your marketing efforts, including targeted demographics and geographic areas plus reasoning for selecting this particular market. The above elements must be sent, postage paid, to the Culinary Business Academy in a timely fashion upon request.
Requesting a refund of tuition
If all the stated requirements are satisfied, but you still have not managed to meet the above minimum level of success and you wish to obtain a refund of your training tuition, you will need the following:
- You must be a member in good standing of a national food service association at the time of request. Request must be made 12 months following the completion of your Undergraduate Course or Ultimate Program completion.
- You must return all training materials, insured and postage paid to the Culinary Business Academy.
- You must supply accounting statements showing all income generated within the past 12 months from your Personal Chef Service (a direct result of our training, support and networking).
- You will be required to sign a non-compete disclosure form stating that you will not operate or be part of a Personal Chef Service business operation for a period of 3 years, beginning at the time the refund is requested.
- Provided all requirements have been satisfied and you make application for a refund of tuition, you will receive the full tuition amount, minus MenuMagic software fee ($89), minus any credit card transaction fee paid during your initial order (currently 4% of total charge) and minus any amount of income you’ve generated as a direct result of our professional training program. There will be no refund for national conference fees, local chapter dues, for any associated business expense (business license, printing fees, advertising expenses, etc) or equipment purchased for use in this business. The training tuition amount will be the only figure involved in calculating your refund.
- Refund will be made via company check
Additional points of consideration
- Tuition guarantee will be denied if you are unable to reach a minimum level of success due to accepting employment elsewhere.
- Tuition guarantee will be denied if you are unable to reach a minimum level of success due to your not being available to work or provide service 48 of the 52 weeks following your formal training class (you cannot take an extended break from the pursuit of building this business).
- Tuition guarantee will be denied if you are unable to reach a minimum level of success due to injury or accident which prevents you from providing this specialized service.